I found a pre-gathered fabric at a fabric outlet a couple of years ago. Back in December my boyfriend's daughter was over so I measured her and sewed it together and hemmed it. Didn't turn out too bad and as you can tell she liked it.
Sunday, May 11, 2014
I finished stitching and beading Latte by Mill Hill. Since I couldn't frame the sister piece, Cappuccino, I decided to cut this one the same and put them together on a tray. I took a tray that I bought at either Micheal's or AC Moore, painted it, traced the where the pieces would go, individually glued real coffee beans in the blank space, spray glazed 3 good coats then affixed the pieces to the tray. I added a hang bar to the back and it is now hanging in my kitchen.
I also framed some previous finishes. The one on the right was a dollar store frame. I put an antique white base coat, crackle medium, red white and blue paints then a glaze coat. The one on the right was also going to be painted but after it was sanded I decided that I liked it just like that. I sprayed a layer of glaze to seal the wood and it still had a little white paint and turned out cool.