I am part of a Summer SAL and decided to stitch up Summer by Vee and Co. I started this one in the Winter because I was sick of snow and ice. Picked up again a couple of weeks ago and made some good headway on it so far. Here is a progress pic.
There are a billion color changes in Lemons Limes and more. I originally bought one of those needle minders that have the cardboard insert to draw the symbol and then stick the needle in the sponge part. Well that would have been great but I didn't buy the case for it and the needles kept falling out and poking thru the project bag. I finally came up with an idea! I pulled out a piece of aida that has been in my stash for about 10 yrs now. Drew grid lines on it and then inside the boxes drew the symbols so I could park my needles accordingly. At first I just put the needles and left the threads dangle but then the needles would get caught up with the threads and drive me nuts. I finally decided to wrap the threads around the needles and it is working much better. I can use this over again by just crossing out the symbol and writing the new on next to it. Now I can just roll it up and throw it into the project bag :)
Finished this one on 7/16 and just ironed it today. I stitched it on 32ct Belfast Linen by Silkweaver...I think it was a solo cut. Thread is DMC Rayon S5744 (30744). I will be making the buttons to add on. Note on rayon: Bees wax works great to tame this beast rather than Thread Heaven. And use short lengths
Went thrift shopping last week and found some treasures! Along with finding a few frames to frame some projects I found these two items.
First was this box. It is really cute and the picture can be removed and a small cross stitch project added. Only $1.00
Here is the inside.
I also found this beauty!!! After painting the fabric last week and ironing it after it dried I was on a mission to fine a "real" iron. This baby is by General Mills. It has to weigh about 7lbs and boy does it work! Comes with an iron stand but will still need something else under it so it doesn't burn surfaces. I used it last night and it removed all of the wrinkles that my wimpy new iron couldn't handle. Love it! Only $20.00
Before we tried the fabric we had some pink 36ct Irish linen napkins handy. The top one was Brazilnut and Yellow died. The brown was almost black but we were able to rinse enough out that the yellow came thru a bit. The bottom one is green and yellow. Now to find some charts to go with these fabrics!
Here are the pieces that Gina and I painted at Vikki Clayton's Exhibit. We decided that since we have so many Halloween pieces that we want to stitch that we needed to go with that motif. We used white 18ct aida. I'm really happy with they way they turned out. Thanks again Vikki!
In order to keep myself organized I have created a separate email for fobs etc sales. You can now email StitchNButton@gmail.com with any inquiries about purchasing my items. I will be moving all of my saved emails to that account and keep it exclusively for my crafts.
here are some of the clay counters that I came up with and some easy buttons for this make it and take it booth. I'm trying to keep it simple and will pre-roll some canes for them to slice. I need some honest opinions and ideas please. I'm in a rut and stuck on beading instead of clay. HELP!!!!